Pages
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Southwestern Chicken Pasta Salad~
For dinner tonight I made chicken pasta salad for my husband, and I ended up making a lot so we invited two other married couples to join us. I got a lot of compliments on it and it is Eric's favorite dinner so far. So I would like to share it with you! It calls for...
-3 or 4 southwest flavor frozen chicken cooked and diced
-2 cups of rainbow pasta (or as much as you want)
-1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
-1 large tomato chopped
-1 cup of olives
-1/2 cup of diced green onions
-1 cup of cheese (or as much as you want we love cheese so we put a lot!)
-lettuce to make it pretty and taste a little bit better
-1/4 cup of fresh cilantro (honestly I didn't use it, but maybe it would of made it taste better)
-1/2 cup of salsa
-3/4 cup mayonnaise (that probably sounds nasty but it was really good, if you don't like mayonnaise you can always to sour cream).
Directions:
-cook and drain pasta
-cook chicken and slice into pieces
-In a large bowl, mix the chicken, avocado, tomato, corn, olives, onions and cheese.
-In a small bowl, mix the salsa and mayonnaise
It probably looks like a lot of work but it only takes about 30 minutes. I hope you enjoy it, like we did!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Erika! Your salad sounds good... I wish your picture worked so we could see how pretty it was...
ReplyDelete