Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Homemade Baby Food

My mom is here with me while my hubby is gone for the weekend. It's been so nice to have her here! This morning we made carrot baby food. It's going to save us so much money. We calculated that with one large bag of carrots you save 12 dollars. Your probably thinking 12 dollars isn't a lot of money but it is when you add everything up like diapers, wipes and formula. 
I'm so excited about it and I have heard a lot of positives from doing it yourself. Everyone says it takes a lot of time but honestly it only took us 30 minutes this morning but it will take shorter time now that I know what I'm doing, plus I'm home anyways so might as well save us some money. 
Directions:
Boil carrots for about 20 minutes or until soft. 
Cut up carrots into half and put them into a blender or I did my bullet, it works great too! 
Then add water until smooth 
Put in ice trays and then put in freezer and your good to go!! 
It should last for about a month.
 Once there frozen put them into a zip lock bag or container.

This is what it turns out before you freeze it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment