I had a Relief Society activity last week about family home evening and it was really good. They taught us how easy FHE can be. It's doesn't have to be this huge ordeal. Just start with a opening pray, have a lesson and end with a closing pray. You can sing a song, have a Scripture, do a activity, have a thought, have treats and all that. But I've found out that simple works for us. Plus it's harder to have it when you have children and especially when there too little because they cant participate in it.
Here are some websites for ides on family home evening.
Of course lds.org
fhelessons.com
ayearoffhe.blogspot.com/p/past-yearrly-lesson-plans.html
LiveCraftEat.com
Preach the Gospel Manual
(I've found that one easy for us to do with the two of us)
My family did have family home evening but since I was the youngest I felt like they stopped when it was just me. But what I do remember was Monday night was family night. I didn't go play with my friends, or anything else. Honestly I don't remember the lessons, or what songs we sang but I do remember I spent time with my family on Mondays. I think for me what's most important is setting time out every Monday night and being consistent at it. Teaching your children that fhe is family time and if it has to be a quick lesson at least they know it's family night! As Elder Bednar said "Consistent is Key!"
No comments:
Post a Comment