I've finally finished Olivia's Quiet book and I'm so excited about it. It took me longer than I thought, but it was all worth it. I can't wait when she can play with it. Initially I did this for sacrament meetings at Church to keep her quite but this will come in handy at home as well.
For the cover page and back page I just got material and put felt in the middle to make it stiff and then bunch holes on the sides.
I cut shapes out of felt, glued velcro and string on it.
I had scrapes of old jeans and sewed two sides together to make "mini-jeans" and then made a belt buckle out of ribbon.
I got these cheap zippers for 25 cents at the fabric store and just sewed them to the page.
This page is probably my favorite. I cut flowers out of felt and ric-rac ribbon for the steam and then sewed the button on the page and cut a slip in the flower. So Olivia can take on and off the flower.
Made a face out of felt and then glue brown yarn for hair to the top. Then made most of my clips to put in the hair.
Made the clock out of felt and paint the number from puffy paint.
I put beads on a string and glued the string to the page. This is great for counting skills
Made the shoe out of felt, the ribbon is for the shoe lace and then did the outline of the shoe in puffy paint.
This project took me a couple months to make.. granted I didn't worked on it everyday. But I've always wanted to make Olivia a quiet book and I'm glad I did. I hope she likes it as she gets older. Some advice if you want to make one is use felt for most of it because it's easy to do. If you are interested in making one here are some websites that I got some of my ideas from.
http://www.doityourselfdivas.com/2011/02/diy-quiet-book.html
http://aprilmariewilde.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-made-these-2-quiet-books-over-past-2.html
http://clipzine.me/EunSoonChae/clipzine/52486498685575704210/Quiet-Book-Patterns-Ideas
No comments:
Post a Comment