Today I ponder on the word "GIVING" and what it actually means. In the Dictionary the word Give means, "to present voluntarily and without compensation bestow." I really like this definition. To me giving is something deeper than a present on a birthday. When you give someone your time voluntarily you are giving them a lot. I love when someone stops by just to say "hi." to me that is saying a lot because they are taking their time for me. I also think when someone does something that they need without the other person asking also says a lot about that person.
For example: I hate doing my dishes that is one chore I hate doing, but I do it because I hate having a messy kitchen. I had a friend babysit Olivia while I ran a few errands and I came back and that friend did my dishes for me. I didn't realize she did them until after she left, but to me that was so sweet of her to do them and she didn't even boast about it. I love when people serve others. I have been trying lately to give my time to others; rather it's a small or big thing.
To that friend I thank you for making my day!

No comments:
Post a Comment